Please note this is now a discontinued material with limited stock. If a high quantity is ordered, we may not be able to fulfil your order. We will contact you if we need to cancel or amend your order.
- Perspex® branded material
- 10 Year Manufacturer's colour guarantee
- Featuring a silk texture on the show face
- Luxurious metallic shimmer
- Suitable for laser cutting
- Lightweight, only half the weight of glass
- Stronger than glass and shatter resistant
- UV and weather resistant
- Excellent thermal and acoustic properties
- Supplied with protective film on both sides
- Not see-through but may allow some transmission of light
The special edition Royals range of acrylic is a single sided material that has a luxury silk texture and metallic shimmer to the show face which is not as textured as normal frosts. The colour across the surface varies as the viewing angle changes therefore we do not recommend adjoining panels. Cast acrylic is generally the preferred choice for laser cutting or complex machining processes.
Acrylic is an extremely versatile material and is one of the most widespread plastics in everyday use. The material is both lightweight yet strong and boasts an outstanding resistance to ageing and weathering. You will find acrylic being used as an alternative to glass and for many other applications including arts and crafts, DIY projects, splashbacks, partitions, screens, wall protection, retail displays, signs and so much more.
It is important to note that whilst this colour is not see-through, it may still allow some transmission of light. Should you be fixing the material to a wall, we would suggest the rear of the material is painted with a solvent free black paint (an acrylic paint is ideal) to ensure that any bonding marks and shadows do not show through to the front.
Acrylic can sometimes be referred to as Perspex®, Plexiglas®, Lucite®, Altuglas®, Acrycast® or Policril®.